Northeast Environmental Solutions provides a full-range of services to help your site with all stages of stormwater permitting and management. Our comprehensive stormwater capabilities allow us to assist you with stormwater compliance in a cost-effective manner. From consultations, permitting and inspections to BMP installation and maintenance our services include:
- NPDES Phase 2 consolations
- Notice of Intent (NOI) preparation and submittal
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SPPP) development
- NPDES Phase 2 permit preparation and submittal
- Site compliance inspections
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) and stormwater control evaluations
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) installation and maintenance
- Stormwater sampling
What are typical things that compliance inspectors will look for?
Stormwater compliance factors including, but not limited to the following:
- Compliance with any specific order of conditions.
- Verification of proper on site permits and paperwork.
- Discharges from commercial vehicle and equipment washing to the storm drainage system or resource areas.
- Evidence of dumping materials and wastes into the storm drainage system or resource areas.
- Leakage from barrels and other outdoor containers.
- Power washing discharges to the storm drainage system or resource areas.
- Discharges to the storm drainage system or resource areas of materials such as diesel fuel, concrete, paint etc.
- Mismanagement of hazardous wastes.
- Other poor housekeeping practices that result in the exposure of pollutants to stormwater.
- Track-out of sediment and other materials from the site onto roadways.
- Verification of the proper placement, effectiveness and maintenance of BMPs
Note: The storm drainage system includes storm drains, roadside drainage ditches and all man made and natural water conveyance systems such as channels, creeks, rivers, ponds. lakes etc.
| || |